With integrated whole-house audio systems becoming more popular than ever, Klipsch designed the CDT-5800-C II to meet the market's demand for a high-performance in-ceiling loudspeaker that easily challenges the inherent limitations of fixed locations.
- 1” Titanium Tweeter
- 8" Cerametallic Woofer
- Horn-loaded technology
- Controlled Dispersion Technology® (CDT)
- Treble and midbass attenuation switches
- Low-profile SlimTrim™ magnetic grille
What is the difference between Klipsch cdt-5800 cii, Klipsch pro 4800 c and the Klipsch pro 4803-c?
The main differences include the 5800's directional, cerametallic woofer versus the 4800's non-directional, fiber woofer.
The 5800’s has the Controlled Dispersion Technology® (CDT) feature that can direct the sound at selected directions at every level.
The difference in price for the 5800's is in the woofer.
Klipsch cdt-5800 c ii
Klipsch pro 4800 c
Klipsch pro 4803-c
Klipsch CDT-5800-C II 8" In-Ceiling Pivoting Speaker
- PREMIUM, HIGH DEFINITION NETWORK: perfect blending between drivers for full bandwidth balanced response
- TREBLE AND MIDBASS ATTENTUATION SWITCHES: allows reduction of high and/or low frequency output in challenging install applications allowing a better frequency balance
- SURE-GRIP MOUNTING DOGS: provide even pressure against drywall for long-term installation reliability
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE KLIPSCH IK-800-C INSTALL KIT: For increased mounting flexibility and pre-install marking during new construction
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE KLIPSCH ME-800-C FIRE-RATED SPEAKER ENCLOSURE: for meeting building codes and/or reduction of transferred sound between rooms
- Tightening too much the mounting brackets may crush drywall
- Price is for one speaker not for pair
KLIPSCH CDT-5800-C II
49Hz-23KHz ± 3dB
95dB @ 2.83V / 1m
8 ohms compatible
50W RMS / 200W Peak
Recommended Amplifier Power
High Frequency Driver
1” (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to a swiveling 100° round Tractrix® Horn
Low Frequency Driver
8" (20.32cm) pivoting Cerametallic™ cone woofer
ABS/Infinite baffle, front flush with wall
Wire Gauge Accommodated
7.4 lbs. (3.36kg)
White paintable frame and grille
IK-800-C (sold separately)
Fire Rated Enclosure
ME-800-C (sold separately)
Klipsch CDT-5800-C II architectural speakers have been designed to deliver great sound while remaining unobtrusive wherever you install them. With an all new grille that blends in with the wall more attractively. The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-ceiling speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 95dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.