Dog and cat doors give you and your pet more freedom and independence. Door and wall entry pet doors can be installed in standard doors or walls (tunnel required). Electronic doors let you program which pets can use the door and when.
- Motor driven vertically-sliding door is activated by MS-4 ultrasonic collar
- Directional sensing system opens the door only when your pet is on a direct approach, not when he is just wandering by or sleeping next to the door
- 4-way access control lets you select from In Only, Out Only, Full Access or Closed & Locked
- Wind and weatherproof with airtight seal; automatic deadbolt locking adds a level of security higher than any other pet door
- Panel size: 12-1/4 by 16-inch for pets up to 100-pound
A patented directional ultrasonic sensing system is used to open POWER PET’s doors.
The advantage of this system compare to the RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) dog door or magnetic activated pet doors is that the door opens only when the dog is directly in front of it.
Therefore the system will not be triggered every time the dog is sitting, sleeping or wandering in front of the door.
High Tech Pet Power Pet Electronic Pet Door
- Easy installation
- Ideal for many dog sizes
- Dogs learn how to use it within minutes
- May be operated in three different power modes: AC wall outlet, AC with battery backup, Full battery operation
- Full 1 year warranty for repair or replacement from the original purchase date
- Collar adapter may be big for some dogs and can be subject to water damage
- Overpriced backup collar batteries
- No low-battery feedback just manual push-to-test button
- Sensitivity adjustment may be tricky
- Only 1 Transmitter Collar included
High Tech Pet is the leading innovator in the pet products industry contributing ideas and methods. The Power Pet line is the most popular electronic dog door and the most sold. It goes without saying that this model has its cons (i.e. MS4 ultrasonic collar not fully waterproofed) but technologically speaking it is one pet door that will offer the most freedom for both pets and owner.
Final Editor Rating:
Compare Prices for This Product:
Find More Electronic Dog Doors
Why Choose an Electronic Pet Door
The electronic pet door is one of mankind’s best inventions. If you have a dog or a cat, or perhaps both, you really need a pet door – unless you enjoy the aerobics of constantly getting in and out of your chair to let them in and out of the house. I know for my cat, it was a pure dominance thing. He wanted my attention. Well, he still does, but has now found other ways of demanding it.The problem with regular pet doors is control. They let every other creature in as well. Stray cats, raccoons, opossums all smell the kibbles in the bowl and want in. Can’t really blame them. Or perhaps you want Fido to be able to go outside at will to do his number, but really want the cat to stay indoors. How can you do that?The solution is the electronic pet door. The pet wears a sensor on their collar that only lets them in or out. It can be magnetic, electro-magnetic, sonic frequency or infrared. In fact, there are models that can control up to seven or eight pets at a time and even monitor when they can and cannot go outside. An LCD screen indicates the last time each used the door. Almost makes you think about putting the collars on your kids, right?
Electronic pet doors protect your home as well as your pets. The door only opens on command. That saves you money on the energy bills. Regular flap doors can be drafty, driving the cost of keeping your home comfortable out of sight. It is like having a window cracked open year round. Electronic doors are draft and weather proof. Burglar proof, too.
The one thing to avoid is water. If you have a pool and dogs that like to swim, the transmitter can short out if they jump in and submerge the collar. Many of the collars are now water resistant, like a watch, so splashing or rain won’t zap them. Another issue is if you are not home and the pet is outside during a power failure, it won’t be able to get in. But that is pretty rare. There are so many varieties and styles to chose from that you are sure to find the best one to match your needs and your pet’s. Trust me. You’ll both be happier with an electronic pet door installed in your home.